Branch That Will Bear Fruit

 


September 7 — The Branch That Will Bear Fruit

📖 Scripture Reading: Isaiah 11:1–10

Key Verse:

“There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots.”Isaiah 11:1 (NKJV)

Devotional Reflection

Sometimes a situation can look completely finished.

A tree may be cut down until all that remains appears to be a lifeless stump. From human observation, there seems to be no reason to expect anything more from it.

Yet Isaiah gives us a picture of hope:

“There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots.”

The stump is not the end.

God can bring life out of what appears dead.

Isaiah's prophecy points forward to the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ. Though the royal line of David seemed vulnerable and Israel's circumstances were difficult, God's promise had not failed.

What looked like an ending was actually part of God's preparation for a new beginning.

This is an important truth for our lives.

There may be situations you have already given up on. Perhaps a dream seems impossible. Perhaps a relationship appears beyond restoration. Perhaps an opportunity seems to have passed. Perhaps you look at your own life and see more failure than potential.

But God sees what you cannot see.

A stump can still produce a branch when God is involved.

The coming Branch would not be ordinary. Isaiah tells us that the Spirit of the Lord would rest upon Him:

  • The Spirit of wisdom
  • The Spirit of understanding
  • The Spirit of counsel
  • The Spirit of might
  • The Spirit of knowledge
  • The fear of the Lord

Jesus perfectly embodies these qualities.

And Isaiah describes the beautiful result of His reign: righteousness, justice, peace, and restoration.

The world we see around us may often look very different from that picture. But God's kingdom is moving toward that ultimate fulfillment.

Therefore, don't judge God's faithfulness by what you can currently see.

God's promises often begin their work beneath the surface before we see the fruit above it.

The stump may look lifeless.

The soil may look empty.

The waiting may feel long.

But God is still working.

If today you feel as though something in your life has been cut down, remember Isaiah 11.

The Branch can still grow.

God is able to bring new life, new hope, and new possibilities from places you thought were finished.

Wait on Him.

Trust Him.

And keep believing.

🙏 Prayer

Father, thank You because You are the God of new beginnings. When I look at my circumstances and see only what appears to be lost or finished, help me to see through the eyes of faith. Thank You for Jesus Christ, the promised Branch from the line of Jesse. Let His wisdom, righteousness, peace, and power shape my life. Give me patience while I wait for Your promises to unfold. Help me never to mistake silence for absence or waiting for abandonment. In Jesus' name, Amen.

🌅 Last Thought for the Day

Never call something dead simply because you cannot see life yet. When God is involved, even a stump can produce a branch.


🌙 Midnight Reflection

Tonight, think about something in your life that looks like a stump—something that seems finished, hopeless, or beyond recovery.

Bring it before God.

You don't have to manufacture faith. Simply tell Him honestly:

“Lord, I cannot see what You are doing, but I choose to trust You.”

Faith does not always mean knowing how God will act.

Sometimes faith simply means believing that God is still able to act.

The Branch came from what looked like a dead stump, and through Christ, God brought salvation to the world.

If He can bring life from a stump, He can also bring hope into your situation.

🌙 Midnight Prayer

Lord, I place my “stumps” before You tonight—the things I have stopped believing can change. Restore my hope. Where I have become discouraged, renew my faith. Where I have stopped praying, teach me to pray again. Where I have accepted defeat, remind me that You are the God of resurrection and new beginnings. I trust You even when I cannot see the Branch yet. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Sleep in hope tonight. What looks like an ending to you may simply be the beginning of something God is preparing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear Not, I Am With You

The Abundance Mindset of Kingdom Believers

The Power of Obedience