Those Who Wait Upon the Lord
September 11 — Those Who Wait Upon the Lord
📖 Scripture Reading: Isaiah 40:27–31
Key Verse:
“But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” — Isaiah 40:31 (NKJV)
Devotional Reflection
There are seasons when waiting feels harder than working.
We can work harder when we know what we are trying to accomplish. But waiting requires something different: trust.
Isaiah speaks to people who were discouraged and beginning to wonder whether God had forgotten them. They looked at their circumstances and asked, “My way is hidden from the Lord, and my just claim is passed over by my God.”
Have you ever felt that way?
You pray, but the answer seems delayed.
You work, but progress seems slow.
You believe, but circumstances do not seem to change.
You wonder whether God sees what you are going through.
Isaiah's answer is powerful:
God has not forgotten you.
The everlasting God does not become tired. His understanding is beyond our ability to comprehend. He gives power to those who are weak and strength to those who have no might.
Then comes the promise:
“Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength.”
Biblical waiting is not passive hopelessness. It is active trust.
To wait on God means to continue believing while you wait.
Continue praying.
Continue obeying.
Continue serving.
Continue trusting.
Continue walking.
Even when you cannot see the outcome.
Notice that Isaiah does not promise that believers will never become tired. Instead, he promises that God renews their strength.
There will be moments when you cannot run.
There will be moments when you cannot soar.
And there will be moments when all you can do is walk.
But even walking with God is progress.
You don't have to fly every day.
You don't have to feel powerful every day.
Sometimes faithfulness simply means taking the next step.
And when your strength is renewed, God can lift you above circumstances that once seemed impossible.
Perhaps you are currently waiting for something important.
Don't interpret the delay as God's absence.
God is working even when you cannot see His work.
Your waiting season is not necessarily a wasted season.
God may be developing your character, deepening your faith, preparing an opportunity, or teaching you to depend upon Him rather than yourself.
So wait.
Trust.
Keep walking.
Your strength will be renewed.
🙏 Prayer
Heavenly Father, teach me to wait upon You without losing hope. When answers seem delayed, help me to remember that You have not forgotten me. Renew my strength when I am weary, strengthen my faith when I am discouraged, and give me patience when I want everything to happen immediately. Help me to keep walking faithfully even when I cannot see the destination. I trust Your timing and Your wisdom. In Jesus' name, Amen.
🌅 Last Thought for the Day
Waiting on God is not wasting time. When you wait in faith, God is renewing the strength you will need for the journey ahead.
🌙 Midnight Reflection
Tonight, think about something you have been waiting for.
Perhaps you have prayed about it many times.
Instead of asking only, “When will it happen?”, ask:
“Lord, what are You teaching me while I wait?”
God may be doing something in you before He does something around you.
Don't despise the waiting season.
Some of the deepest work God does in our lives happens when nothing appears to be happening.
🌙 Midnight Prayer
Father, I surrender my waiting season to You tonight. Where I am impatient, give me patience. Where I am discouraged, give me hope. Where I am tired, renew my strength. Help me not to run ahead of Your timing or give up because the answer has not yet come. Teach me to trust You one day at a time. I believe that those who wait upon You will renew their strength. Let that promise become real in my life. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Sleep peacefully tonight. Your waiting is not forgotten by God. He is preparing strength for the journey ahead.
Comments
Post a Comment