When God Calls, Will You Answer?

 

September 3 — When God Calls, Will You Answer?

📖 Scripture Reading: Isaiah 6:1–8

Key Verse:
“Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I! Send me.’”Isaiah 6:8 (NKJV)

Devotional Reflection

Isaiah chapter 6 gives us one of the most powerful encounters with God recorded in Scripture. Isaiah saw the Lord seated upon His throne—high and lifted up—while heavenly beings declared:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory!”

Before Isaiah could respond to God's call, he first had to encounter God's holiness.

In that moment, Isaiah became deeply aware of his own weakness and sinfulness. He cried:

“Woe is me, for I am undone!”

This is what happens when we truly encounter God. We stop measuring ourselves against other people and begin to see ourselves in the light of His holiness. Things we may have ignored in our lives suddenly become clear.

But Isaiah's encounter did not end in guilt.

God provided cleansing.

A seraph touched Isaiah's lips with a live coal and declared that his iniquity had been taken away and his sin purged. The God who reveals our sin is also the God who provides forgiveness and restoration.

Then came the call:

“Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?”

Notice the order: Encounter. Conviction. Cleansing. Calling.

God first revealed Himself to Isaiah. Isaiah recognized his need. God cleansed him. Then God called him.

Isaiah's response was simple but profound:

“Here am I! Send me.”

God is still looking for willing hearts today. His call may not always take us across the world or behind a pulpit. Sometimes He calls us to serve faithfully in our homes, workplaces, churches, communities, and relationships.

The important question is not always, “What great thing does God want me to do?”

Sometimes the question is simply:

“Am I available?”

You do not have to be perfect before God can use you. Isaiah was not perfect. He needed cleansing. Yet after receiving God's grace, he became willing.

God is not primarily looking for perfect people. He is looking for surrendered people.

Today, listen carefully to the voice of God. Perhaps there is someone you need to encourage, a responsibility you need to accept, a gift you need to use, or an area of service you have been avoiding.

When God calls, may our response be:

“Here am I. Send me.”

Prayer

Holy and gracious Father, thank You for allowing me to know You and experience Your presence. Reveal anything in my heart that needs to be cleansed, and help me never to hide from Your correction. Thank You for Your forgiveness and grace. Make me willing and available for Your purpose. Wherever You lead me and whatever You ask of me, give me the faith to respond, “Here am I. Send me.” In Jesus' name, Amen.

Last Thought for the Day

God's call is not reserved for those who believe they are perfect. It is answered by those who have encountered His grace and are willing to say yes.


🌙 Midnight Reflection

Before you sleep tonight, reflect on these questions:

What has God been asking me to do that I have been delaying?

Am I willing to serve God only when it is convenient, or am I truly available to Him?

Isaiah did not know every detail of what lay ahead when he said yes. He simply trusted the God who called him.

Perhaps you do not yet know where obedience will lead. You may not understand every step of the journey. But you can trust the One who sees the entire path.

Tonight, surrender your availability to God.

Midnight Prayer

Lord, here I am before You. I may not have all the answers, and I may not feel completely prepared, but I offer myself to You. Cleanse my heart, guide my steps, and use my life for Your glory. Give me the courage to obey when You call and the faith to follow wherever You lead. Let my life be a willing response to Your grace. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Rest tonight knowing that the God who calls you is also the God who prepares, strengthens, and walks with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear Not, I Am With You

The Abundance Mindset of Kingdom Believers

Nigeria at Independence: Are We Truly Free?