Blessed Beyond Measure

 

Sincere Milk — October 2

Rooted in Christ: Living the Life We Have Been Given

 — Blessed Beyond Measure
📖 Ephesians 1:3–6

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.” — Ephesians 1:3

REFLECTION

Paul begins the heart of Ephesians with praise. Before he asks believers to change their behaviour, he wants them to understand what they already possess in Christ.

Notice the language: “every spiritual blessing.”

Paul is not saying that Christians will have everything they want. He is pointing to something deeper. In Christ, we have been given blessings that cannot be measured by money, possessions, social status, or earthly success.

We have redemption.
We have forgiveness.
We have adoption.
We have a new identity.
We have access to God.
We have an eternal inheritance.

And these blessings are not rewards we earned through perfect behaviour. They flow from God's grace.

Verse 4 says that God chose us in Christ “before the foundation of the world.” Verse 5 speaks of adoption. The picture is deeply personal: God does not merely rescue us from something; He brings us into His family.

This changes the way we face life.

Sometimes we focus so intensely on what we lack that we become blind to what grace has already given us. We look at another person's possessions, opportunities, achievements, or circumstances and conclude that we are disadvantaged.

But Ephesians invites us to look again.

Your greatest blessing may not be something you can hold in your hands. It may be the grace of God working within you.

You may not have everything you desire today, but if you are in Christ, you have received something the world cannot manufacture and money cannot purchase.

Grace has already given you more than circumstances can take away.

🌙 MIDNIGHT CRY — Count Your Blessings Again

Sometimes the enemy of our joy is not what we have lost but what we have forgotten.

We remember the unanswered prayer but forget the prayers God has already answered.

We remember the closed door but forget the doors He opened.

We remember what we don't have and overlook the grace that has sustained us.

Tonight, pause.

Don't allow today's disappointment to rewrite the story of God's faithfulness.

You are blessed—not because everything around you is perfect, but because you are in Christ.

There are blessings that money cannot buy, circumstances cannot destroy, and death cannot ultimately take away.

Midnight Cry:

Father, open my eyes to the blessings I have received through Christ. When I become consumed by what I lack, remind me of the immeasurable riches of Your grace. Teach me to live with gratitude, contentment, and confidence in You.

TODAY'S TRUTH

In Christ, I am blessed with spiritual riches that circumstances cannot take away.

🙏 PRAYER

Father, thank You for every spiritual blessing You have given me in Christ. Thank You for choosing, redeeming, forgiving, and adopting me by Your grace. Deliver me from constantly comparing my life with others. Help me recognize Your goodness even in difficult seasons and live each day with a grateful heart. In Jesus' name, Amen.

TODAY'S STEP

Take five minutes today and write down five blessings God has already given you. Thank Him specifically for each one.

Tonight, remember:
I may not have everything I want, but in Christ I have received more grace than I deserve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear Not, I Am With You

The Abundance Mindset of Kingdom Believers

The Power of Obedience