Called by Grace
SINCERE MILK
October Devotional Series: Rooted in Christ
Day 1 — Called by Grace
Bible Reading: Ephesians 1:1–2
“Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To God’s holy people in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus.”
— Ephesians 1:1
REFLECTION
Paul begins his letter by reminding the believers who they are and, just as importantly, whose they are.
He introduces himself as an apostle of Christ Jesus “by the will of God.” His calling was not simply the result of personal ambition, human recognition, or his own plans. God had called him and given him a purpose.
Then Paul addresses the believers as “God’s holy people” and “the faithful in Christ Jesus.”
This is significant. Before Paul tells them what they should do, he reminds them who they are.
The Christian life begins with identity before activity.
We often measure ourselves by our achievements, failures, possessions, titles, relationships, or the opinions of others. But our deepest identity is found in Christ. We belong to God.
Being called by God does not mean that life will always be easy. Paul himself experienced suffering, rejection, imprisonment, and hardship. Yet his confidence remained because his calling rested on God's will.
You may not know everything about what God is doing in your life right now. You may even be in a season where your purpose seems unclear. But uncertainty about the future does not mean uncertainty about God's ownership of your life.
You are not an accident.
You are not without purpose.
If you belong to Christ, your life has been placed within God's greater story.
Today, begin October by remembering this simple truth: before you accomplish anything for God, you belong to God.
TODAY'S TRUTH
My identity is not determined by what I achieve but by whose I am in Christ.
PRAYER
Father, thank You for calling me to belong to You through Christ. Help me not to define myself by my successes, failures, circumstances, or the opinions of others. Teach me to live confidently in the identity You have given me. Let my life fulfil Your purpose and bring glory to Your name. In Jesus' name, Amen.
TODAY'S STEP
Before beginning your activities today, say:
“I belong to Christ, and my life has a purpose in God's hands.”
Carry this truth with you throughout the day.
MIDNIGHT CRY — Who Are You Becoming?
There are moments when life becomes so loud that we forget the quiet question: Who am I before God?
The world constantly gives us identities to pursue—success, status, money, recognition, influence. But Ephesians begins somewhere deeper. Paul reminds us that we are “in Christ Jesus.”
That identity cannot be taken away by a difficult season. Failure cannot erase it. Rejection cannot cancel it. Human applause cannot create it.
Tonight, let the noise become quiet.
Remember that you belong to Christ.
And if you belong to Him, your story is not merely about surviving another day. God is forming something in you—faith, character, love, holiness, and purpose.
Midnight Cry:
Lord, when I forget who I am, remind me whose I am. Strip away every false identity and help me see myself through the eyes of Your grace.
Carry this into tomorrow:
I belong to Christ before I belong to anything else.

Comments
Post a Comment